PARTICIPANT CODE OF CONDUCT
While participating in an NFL FLAG Tournament, I agree to abide by the Code of Conduct as a coach, player, parent or spectator as defined below. THIS APPLIES TO ALL COACHES, ATHLETES, PARENTS AND SPECTATORS.
- Follow all rules as indicated in NFL FLAG Tournament Rule book
- Coaches are responsible for the behavior of athletes and parents – if parents/spectators are behaving poorly, the team itself risks being penalized
- Crowd support is encouraged. However, inappropriate, rude or confrontational behavior by spectators may lead to disqualification of your team from the tournament and future events
- Respect the calls of the referees. Coach’s challenges are permitted when applied as cited in our NFL FLAG Tournament Rules.
- Once any dispute or challenge has been settled and play resumes, the situation will not be revisited. If a dispute occurs on the last play of the game, this includes the Official score, this must be settled prior to leaving the field.
- Refrain from harassing, bullying or engaging in negative behavior towards other athletes, coaches, spectators and/or staff
- Honor the game by displaying sportsmanship and respecting the rules and officials, staff, teammates, and opponents
- Resolve conflicts without resorting to hostility or violence. Fighting will NOT be tolerated.
- Refrain from the use of profanity
- No possession of alcohol, drugs or weapons of any kind
- If there are any concerns or issues that arise, please communicate respectfully and calmly with the tournament director of the event
- Inform staff of any injury or ailment that may affect the safety of the athlete, and refrain from allowing an injured/ill athlete to participant in the event
- Use social media responsibly and reflect good sportsmanship. Never use it for negative commentary regarding staff, players and/or coaches or to harass/bully others.
- The Event Staff and Officials reserve the right to interrupt any game which is not operating within the realm of good sportsmanship and fair play.
Failure to comply with any of the above guidelines may result in removal from the tournament, suspension from the entire tournament series and repercussions for associated NFL FLAG league operator (if applicable.)